Exporting a Project from Preconstruction for Estimator
Last updated: 2020-05-28
This is an optional process that designers can follow to export project information from AASHTOWare Project Preconstruction for Estimator. Projects can also be started in Estimator; therefore, skipping this step.
Export Project For Estimator (Total Video Time 2:35)
- After initial system log on and role selection within AASHTOWare Project Preconstruction, select the "Projects" component from your dashboard.
- Search for and select your project. Refer to Search Features for details.
- The Project Summary component will appear.
Please confirm the data entered is correct, and matches the project information in the Financial Integrated Improvement Programming System (FIIPS).
- Export Project to Estimator.
- Click the component action button.
- Select "Export Project to Estimator".
- Click <Execute>. No settings need to be changed to perform this task.
- Click the <Save> action button.
- Select "Save As" to save the AASHTOWare Project Preconstruction export file to a folder on the local PC or the network server.
- Append the phrase "ToEst" to the file name prior to clicking <Save>.
Import Project Into Estimator (Total Video Time 1:12)
- Log out of AASHTOWare Project Preconstruction.
- Log into Estimator using these credentials:
User name: user
- From the menu, select File | Import File.
- Browse (look in) the location where you saved your export file, in step 4 above.
- Select the AASHTOWare Project Preconstruction export file (e.g., 1234-15-01ToEst.xml).
- Click <Open> to import the file into Estimator.
- The Project Header window opens.
From the menu, select File | Save to save the estimate file, with the estimate ID as the file name, to your project folder on your region server, consultant server, or local PC hard drive.
- Log out of Estimator.