Application Access and Approval Process
Last updated: 2020-08-06
Follow the directions below to request access to one or more of the WisDOT AASHTOWare Project™ web based applications including the Preconstruction, Construction and Materials, and the Civil Rights and Labor. At this time, only Preconstruction is in production but we anticipate implementing Construction in December 2020.
Creating or updating your WAMS ID
Because AASHTOWare Project™ (AWP) is a web based application, user accounts are associated to a user’s Wisconsin Access Management System (WAMS) ID. If you already have a WAMS ID you do not need to create a new ID but please confirm the WAMS ID is associated to a valid email address.
- To create a WAMS ID and password, go to https://on.wisconsin.gov/WAMS/home and select "Self-Registration".
- To view or change the email address, contact name, and other information for a WAMS profile, go to https://on.wisconsin.gov/WAMS/home and select "Profile Management".
Account request and approval process for WisDOT and consultant staff
An account is required to log into AASHTOWare Project (AWP). Send an email to your WisDOT supervisor requesting their approval to obtain an account. Forward the approval email message to AWPsupport@dot.wi.gov with the following information:
- WAMS ID (do not send your password)
- Full name
- Firm name
- Firm address
- Email address (must match the email address associated with the WAMS ID)
- Phone number
- Module(s) requesting access to Preconstruction, Construction, or Civil Rights and Labor (CRL)
- Role access (read only or modify)
- Attach the approval email from your WisDOT supervisor
- The AWP System Administrators will create your account and send a confirmation message to the email address provided.
- Your AWP account will expire in three years. Remember to send any contact information changes to AWPsupport@dot.wi.gov, as this information will be used to notify users of system outages, system changes, and of pending account expirations.